Friday, December 16, 2011

Can I Pinterest You In Some Impossibly INEXPENSIVE Weekend Christmas Projects !!!

OMG OMG OMGosh... I can't believe it - Oh WOW - I have been waiting for weeks (I mean weeks) to be accepted to the Elite Group Of Pinterest.
Now I can do many Pinteresting things with all my addicted friends (seriously I can not wait)..


But First Thing Is First... I am still drinking my way through Christmas with the 12 Days of Christmas Drinks.  Last Night's Drink!!! 
The 2nd Day of Christmas - A "Rum Chata White Russian"...


Impossibly Easy Edible Treats - Nom Nom Nom
Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies*  Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (any kind)
*  Chocolate Covered Pretzels
*  M&M's
Pinned Image
Use Cookie Cutters...
   Child Handprint - Date It - Name It - Gift It!!!

SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS
12 small hand prints (change servings and units)
Ingredients
4 cups "All Purpose" Flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups water

Directions
Combine ingredients and knead dough for 15 to 20 minutes.

Bake on 325 for 1 hour or until they are hard all the way through.



Framed Mardi Gras Bead Christmas "Joy" Art red and goldCustom Order LSU framed Mardi Gras bead art purple and gold Christmas orders only to be completed and shipped after Christmas






Here's a Great Up Cycle Idea!!!  You can use a "Holiday Theme" or You can use a "More Common Theme" to us Southerners - "SEC FOOTBALL"...  Sorry Bammer's she did not have an "UA" but I am going to make one this weekend!!!  And Barner's can make their "UA"!!!  How awesome is this - Finally something to do with all those huge bags of beads in our attics.  I will have to confess I have already been crafty with my Mardi Gras Beads this year - I made an "Ugly Christmas Sweater/Shirt" out of a long sleeve camo shirt, and hand-stitched Mardi Gras Beads on it, in the design of a Christmas Tree - which I plan on sharing with you when I wear it again!!!  I thought it was by far the ugliest/tackiest thing I had ever seen - but the one time I wore it I had compliments and get this - I even had a couple of women ask me where I got it (yes, I promise - can't make that crap up)...

Pinned Image
I just love these bottles.  And sooo simple.  Just take empty wine or booze bottles and spray paint any color you like.  Personally I think Silver or Gold shiny, sparkly or glittery paint will look the best.  Then Just write whatever you like on them.  There were no directions for these, but to me it looks like they spray painted the insides (not outsides), but either way will look nice.  I am going to make some this weekend.


cupcake ornaments
Adorable Cupcake Ornaments...Project Estimate:
  • Mini cupcake liners, $1
  • Mini ornaments, $1
  • Faux berries, $1
  • Paint (for "frosting"), on hand or $1
  • Glitter, on hand or $1
  • Glue gun, on hand

Total: $3 and up
Have A Great Holiday Weekend & Be Sure To Share With Me How Yours Turned Out!!!

Cindy Lou...


1 comment:

  1. love the cookies... make me some!

    I also love the mardi gras bead things and the cupcake ornaments.

    ReplyDelete