Sunday, December 4, 2011

"The Magnificent Light of Matthew"

This is My Beautiful Story of a Mother's Love for Her Son, and how after 18 years of grieving his death, I can now celebrate his birth.  
God Is Great!

Matthew was born on December 4th, 1992.
Although he was a full term birth, he was born as a result of a full-term placental abruption.  He was baptized in the hospital before passing.  God chose him to be a special Angel on December 5th, 1992.
Hand-Painted By My Daughter Lindsey Watson

Romans 9: 1-3 
 (read at his funeral)

1.  I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2.  That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3.  For I could Wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethen, my kinsmen according to the flesh:


"The Magnificent Light Of Matthew"

My daughter Hannah and I drove to McCalla, Alabama, outside of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, on November 23, 2010, to put flowers on the grave of my Son for his December 4th -- 18th Birthday... I hope you enjoy the Spectacular Event that she and I witnessed at 4 pm that afternoon. I did not even know my daughter had taken these pictures until the morning of December 4, 2010, and I was trying to explain to my Mother what we had witnessed this day at the cemetery, and when I asked my daughter to explain what she had witnessed to my Mother, she responded, "I will just show her the pictures that I took." I was speechless when I saw our experience unfold in these three pictures that she had taken that day. I felt that I would be depriving anyone who believed in God, A Higher Being, and Angels, by not posting what my daughter captured on a cell phone camera.

Picture One
On November 23, 2010, at 4 p.m. in the afternoon, my daughter Hannah and I drove to McCalla, Alabama, outside of Tuscaloosa, to place flowers on my son Matthew's grave for his December 4th - 18th Birthday.  As I was talking to him, I asked him to give me a sign that he was with us.  At that very moment this is what happened - A Magnificently Beautiful Light appeared from the back corner of Moores' Cemetery.  Hannah and I was overwhelmed with the warmth of his presence - we without doubt knew it was Matthew.

Picture Two
As he crept closer and closer to his sister Hannah and I.  What a spectacular and overwhelming sight and experience.  He was shining over us with the most beautiful light and the warmest warmth.  I will forever be grateful for this day, for not only the gift to see and feel my Son in a way many others may never have the opportunity to experience, but for the reminder that we are never alone, that the presence of God and our passed loved ones are always with us.  

Picture Three
"The Magnificent Light of Matthew", he is now shining so brightly over Hannah and I, 
that we could feel his light and warmth.  I could feel his light and warmth caress my face and entire body.  Already on my knees, I leaned over into his Heart-Shaped Monument, 
with my chest and body pressed tightly against, my arms wrapped tightly around, 
and my face lain into, and I immersed myself in the warmth and light of his presence.  
I held him tightly with all my love, and he caressed me with warmth and light
 with all his love.  I am so grateful for this Blessing and Gift from God to experience 
the presence and touch of of my Beautiful Child.  I truly cannot imagine a greater gift. 
We all love and miss you so much. You are in our heart and minds every day, but I know 
that God must have needed a Very Special on the Day that HE Chose You.  
I Love You Mom


These pictures were all captured by my Beautiful 17-year-old daughter Hannah, 
whom would not be here with us today had it not been for Matthew.

      My Beautiful Daughters
        Hannah, Me, Lindsey
Cindy Lou..


No comments:

Post a Comment