Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Wanna Upside-Down Christmas Tree!!!

An upside-down Christmas tree!  Who has ever heard of anything so ridiculous?  I will tell you who - ME, and a old friend of mine Karen.  
Karen's Beautiful Upside-Down Christmas Tree

So last week I stumbled upon Karen's Christmas Tree Picture (I promise I was not facebook creeping on her - it was an accident) and I was mesmerized with it's beauty, and I admit I was just a teeney bit jealous because I want one too.  I complemented her on it's beauty and asked her could I post her tree.  Thank you Karen for allowing me to share your beautiful upside-down Christmas Tree.

A Bit 'Bout The Upside-Down Christmas Tree

Well, you might be surprised to hear that an upside-down Christmas tree is one of the hottest fads of the season.  But that it is actually not so new!

The hanging of fir trees upside down can be traced all the way back to the Middle Ages, when the Europeans did it to represent the Trinity.  But now, Christmas trees are shaped with the tip pointing to Heaven, and some think it is told that some think an upside-down Christmas tree is disrespectful or sacrilegious (certainly not me).

As of recent the trees were introduced to retailers for in-store displays, thus allowing more ornaments to be displayed at the eye level of the purchasing public.  And they also left more floor space to hold other decorations and extra stock.


But the upside-down Christmas trees have caught on, and are being sold to the public as a novelty piece.   Target.com has a version that sells for $399 and comes pre-lit.  And the Hammacher Schlemmer website claims the demand for the upside-down Christmas tree is so high that they have not been able to keep them in stock.

There are several different ways that the upside-down Christmas tree is hung;  Either hung from a bracket on the ceiling like a chandelier, stood upside-down on a stand, or mounted tip-down on the wall.

Although you might not go for this idea in a big way, you might see a few of the benefits.  If you have small children, you can keep most of the ornaments away from little hands.  Cats and dogs won't be racing around and knocking decorations off the base of your upside-down Christmas tree.  
And Just Think How Many More Presents You Will Be Able To Pile Up Under The Tree!!!




This Upside-Down Christmas Tree Is Complete With Spinners At The Top!!!

This Comedian Has His Own Opinion About The Upside-Down Christmas Tree!!!  

I WILL Own An Upside-Down Christmas Tree Next Year!!!
And It Will Be Classy - Like Karen's Tree!!!



Cindy Lou...

No comments:

Post a Comment