Friday, December 30, 2011

My New Years Traditions... What's Yours?

Do You Have A New Years Eve or Day Tradition?


Here is my list of New Years Eve & Day Traditions.

We always take our Christmas Tree down before New Years Day.  Why?  If you leave it up until New Years Day you will have an entire year of bad luck.  

Staying up until Midnight if you so you can Ring the New Year In.  Why?  Because it's good luck to be awake when the New Year Starts and to watch The Fireworks.

Kissing Your Date On New Years Eve at the Stroke of Midnight.  Why?  I think people just like to ring in the New Year with something pleasant and what's more pleasant than a good lip lock. 



Making a Toast at Midnight.  Why?  To spread Good Cheer & Happiness to all my Friends.
 We always eat Turnip Greens on New Years Day.  Why?  Turnip Greens are good luck for your green money and if you do not eat them - you will not be prosperous in making lots of green money for the entire next year.
turnips_bag
turnips_pot We always eat Black-Eyed Peas on New Years Day.  Why?  Black-Eyed Peas are good for you coin money and if you do not eat them - you will not be prosperous in making lots of change money for the entire next year.



And finally, I make a Resolution to change something about myself, for the better each year.  And this year it is to lose the weight I have put on since starting nursing school.  So I will eat more healthy food and exercise daily.

And I Will Gladly Take That Weight Back!!!


So Happy New Years Eve & Day To You!!!
What's Your Traditions???


Cindy Lou...

3 comments:

  1. Will collard greens work as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous, Yes Collard Greens will work as well and in my research I have read that cabbage will too (not sure I can trust the cabbage with my finances) but I will leave that up to your discretion. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically, Christmas starts Christmas Day and doesn't end until the Epiphany. (Wise Men) SOOOOOO, I don't take my tree down until then. LOTS of greens and hoping john on our New Years Day table! And a little Italian sausage too.

    ReplyDelete